Q&A: What kind of camera lens, do I need to buy ?

Question by kenneth h: What kind of camera lens, do I need to buy ?
I have a good quality, Pentex, 35 mm film camera. In order to take studio quality portrait photos, what kind of lens and or other attachments that need to buy ?

Best answer:

Answer by LapisLazuli
On the 35mm film camera bodies, lenses in the range 85-135mm are traditionally considered as portrait lenses.

Are you taking the portraits outdoors or indoors? Natural light or artificial?

You need lighting and diffusers for indoor portraiture.

Maybe a course in photography or just a couple of good used books about photography would help you filter (pun intended!) through all the stuff you need.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Photo Cameras & co.

Tags:  , , ,

Leave a reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>