Most of us music teachers aim to offer the best services to our students and let them learn their chosen instruments in the most efficient manner. Having a good teaching strategy will not only give your students fun learning experience but it will also earn you respect in the field. Thus, I have listed some music teaching tips that will enable you to teach your students effectively.
* Target both your students’ minds and bodies – Especially if your students are still young, you must understand that they may need a combination of physical and mental exercises and activities in learning. Aside from the fun it may bring to them, the possibility of understanding and recalling the lesson you are teaching may also increase.
* Learn how to energize students during boring moments – there will always be some instances wherein you have to discuss some important topics that are somewhat uninteresting to your students. These may lead to an inattentive class or worse, a sleeping class. Being observant and flexible is important to bring back a lively discussion. Why not ask them to do some stretching or tell some old jokes. Detaching fro the lesson plan for some minutes is better that to teach a daydreaming class.
* Provide your students with the best facilities – this is not one of my music teaching tips but rather it is your key to attract more clients and students. If your students learn and practice their instruments comfortably, you may not need to explain some lessons further. Your students may have greater determination and urge to learn any lesson.
* Give commendations to well-doers – giving applause for those who excel and have positive attitudes in the class will even boost their moral. This might as well motivate all the others to exert their efforts in learning their instrument and join those who have earned commendations.
* Treat slow-learners and wacky students positively – a class includes students with a variety of learning capacities and attitudes. Slow-learners and problem students must not be treated differently. Always remember that music teaching does not only involve explaining music lessons but instilling positive personality to each of your students.
These music teaching tips may vary depending on the circumstances. Private music teachers with fewer students may have an easier time handling their students. But then again, for those who may find these tips effective, please do your part and let other music teachers know about it