Making great audio recordings requires striking the right balance between technical know-how and practical understanding of recording sessions. Even in the digital age, some of the most important aspects of creating and recording music are non-technical and, as a result, are often overlooked by traditional recording manuals. The Art of Digital Audio Recording teaches readers what they really need to know in order to make great sound recordings with computers – both the practical and the technical information, including:
· What to look and listen for in a recording environment
· Straightforward advice on recording almost any instrument
· Essentials of digital audio workstations
· Essentials of recording gear: microphones, mixers, and speakers
· Fundamentals of understanding and applying EQ, compression, delay, and reverb
· Secrets to running creative recording sessions
· Practical application of digital editing, mixing, and mastering
A special section identifies solutions to the most common challenges in the recording studio, and the book also features an addendum with essential tips and reference information including:
· How to walk into a commercial studio and be the engineer
· Researching and buying gear: Internet vs. brick and mortar
· Digital formats: A handy reference
As a whole, The Art of Digital Audio Recording is an essential resource that gives recordists the tools they need to let technical understanding serve greater musical goals.
List Price: $ 35.00
Price: $ 19.32
Your browser does not support iframes.